This Policy applies to both personal information supplied to us either by an individual or by others. We may use personal information supplied to us for any of the purposes as set out in this Policy, or as otherwise disclosed at the point of collection.
This Policy is an important document. We recommend that you read it carefully and print and keep a copy for your future reference.
In this Policy, we use the terms:
• “3 Minute Mile”, “we”, “us”, and “our” (and other similar terms) to refer to 3 Minute Mile (3MM) Limited (registered company number: 5997339)
• “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person;
• “Identifiable natural person” is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors; and
• “You” and “your” (and other similar terms) refer to our clients, individuals
associated with our clients, coachees, contacts, suppliers, associate coaches, consultants and sub-contractors, business contacts, job applicants, staff and visitors to the 3 Minute Mile website, www.3minutemile.org
Your rights in relation to Personal Information and how to exercise them
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights:
• The right to ask us to provide you, or a third party, with copies of the Personal Information we hold about you at any time (we will respond in a reasonable time time) and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified according to the provisions of local law;
• The right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your Personal Information that is processed in breach of the law;
• The right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Information. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to stop using your Personal Information, if that is the case, we’ll let you know why.
• The withdrawal of consent – If Personal Information is ever processed on the basis of consent an individual may withdraw this consent at any time (this may apply to processing of special categories of Personal Information including the following: racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership).
To exercise such rights and if you have any questions about how we collect, store and use Personal Information, then please contact us using the details as set out at the end of this Policy.
What basis do we have for processing your Personal Information?
We will only process personal Information where we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful basis for processing Personal Information by us will be one of the following:
• The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract (for example, you have approached us to engage in consultancy, be an associate coach or conduct a piece of research, or we have approached you to consider becoming an associate consultant, researcher or coach);
• The processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations (such as compliance with legislation);
• The processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests including that of the delivery of our services (for example, we have been introduced to you to potentially provide consulting, research or coaching services to you or your organization);
The Information we collect:
Depending on the circumstances, the information we may hold for you may include:
Your full name.
Your contact details (email, preferred contact numbers, home address, etc.). Your company name and job title.
Your area of business.
Other business contact information.
Associate consultants, coaches, research analysts and administrators:
Your full name.
Your contact details (email, preferred contact numbers, home address).
Your company name and job title.
Your CV/Coaching Profile.
Your areas of specialization and qualifications
The geographical areas you work in and languages you speak.
Details of work undertaken with 3 Minute Mile (or other organisations), such as client satisfaction ratings, session rates and timings, etc.
References taken on you Coachees/Clients
Your full name.
Your company name and job title.
Your job role and areas of responsibility.
Information shared by you as part of the consultancy briefing, personal interview or coaching arrangement.
Coaching briefs on either the coaching to be undertaken or the work you have undertaken with 3 Minute Mile.
Psychometric data, 360 performance ratings and other relevant information supplied by you, or your organisation.
Details of work undertaken with 3 Minute Mile, such as session rates and timings.
What we do with that information?
We use your personal details to:
(a) Contact you to discuss potential work opportunities/potential consultants and/or coaches.
(b) Keep you informed of developments at 3 Minute Mile and the services we offer that we believe may be relevant to you.
(c) Sending requests for your thoughts on key subjects such as new white papers and then sending through the collated responses.
(d) Scheduling meetings.
(e) Billing purposes.
(f) To share news about any events we are organising or participating in.
(g) Performing analytics – such as trends and coach success rates, etc.
3 Minute Mile’s relationship with you:
3 Minute Mile acts as an intermediary, and so we have set out below specifically how we share data between our clients/coachees and our associate consultants/coaches, both of whom are third parties.
Associate consultants/coaches – With potential coaching and consulting opportunities, we may wish to share your contact details with a potential client, but we will always request your permission before sharing any personal information.
Clients/coachees – Our coaches are required to keep a record of the number of hours they have coached and the individuals they have worked with each year and your name, company and email address are kept indefinitely but this information is only ever shared with a professional body to ensure the coach is maintaining the standards necessary for professional registration.
Session notes may be kept for a maximum period of four years from the completion of the coaching assignment and then archived for a maximum of six years before being destroyed. You can request a copy of your data as stipulated by the legislation.
Who else may have access to your Personal Information?
On occasion, in addition to the specific sharing set out above, we may need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We will only share Personal Information where we are legally permitted to do so.
Where you supply us with Personal Information as a client or an associate coach, we will assume, unless you instruct us otherwise in writing, that we can disclose your Personal Information in such manner as we believe is reasonably necessary to provide our services (including as described in this Policy), or as is required under applicable law. For example, we may pass your Personal Information to third parties such as:
How we hold your data: Confidentiality & Security
3 Minute Mile works with Hogan Assessments and Kaiser Leadership Solutions to keep and maintain the personal information we hold. Although both US companies are based outside the EU/UK they both comply with all the privacy and security provisions required by the GDPR. Separate documentation from both Hogan and KLS is available on request.
3 Minute Mile treats the information you provide us with as confidential and we do not sell any personal data on to third parties and we only share any personal information for legitimate business reasons.
3 Minute Mile protects your information through administrative measures from all our staff both electronically and physically, including electronic cyber security systems such as firewalls on all of our electronic equipment.
The conditions where we cannot maintain confidentiality is where we are become aware of illegal activity or where the physical or mental health of the coachee or others is, in our judgement, seriously at risk.
Links to other websites
The 3MM website www.3minutemile.org may link to other, unaffiliated third-party websites. Please note that 3MM is not, and cannot, control or be responsible for the content or privacy and confidentiality practices of any third-party websites. You must always carefully review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third-party website that you may visit in order to understand how the operators of that website may collect, store and use your Personal Information.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy was last updated in August 2023. Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy.
Removing your data:
You are able to be deleted from our database at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +44 (0) 203 994 1105 and we will ensure you are not contacted in the future unless we receive a written request from you.
Data Controller and Privacy Officer:
3MM is a data controller and processor. If you would like to exercise your rights as set out in this Privacy Notice, you may contact us at email@example.com or by telephone +44 (0) 203 994 1105.
While we hope that you will not need to, if you do wish to complain about our use of Personal Information please send an email detailing your complaint to the email address mentioned above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Tel: 029 2067 8400 (calls in Welsh)